COVID-19 in 2021
The shop is open during the current lockdown but in order to keep staff and customers safe we will continue with certain measures to ensure that you can shop in confidence.
• We are limiting the number of people in the shop at any one time, whilst maintaining social distancing.
• We provide hand sanitiser as you enter the shop and have protective screens at the checkout.
• There are signs and social distancing floor markings to help in social distancing in the shop.
• Customers are required to wear face coverings while in the shop, as are our staff, unless they are behind screens at the checkout.
Click & Collect
As an alternative to shopping in person, we are continuing to offer online click & collect. Simply add your shopping to the basket and then click on the cart to checkout. After filling in your details, you’ll need to select a collection date from the calendar. We have a 2-day processing time on all online orders. Therefore same day or following day collection will be unavailable on the calendar – Same or following day collections are available via telephone ordering.
*Please be mindful that our vegetable prices fluctuate on a daily basis.
For those calling through their orders:
If you would prefer to place your order by phone, please call us on 01726 844411 – choose option 3. You will then speak to one of our lovely shop staff who will take your order and obtain your debit card details. You will then be allocated a time slot for collection. On arrival you will be required to give your name and we can then fetch your order to collect from the foyer.
For those turning up in person:
1) When you arrive at the shop, please wait until a member of staff invites you in. If the shop is busy, we may ask you to wait until other customers leave. Hand sanitiser is available inside the door. Please ensure you are wearing a face covering when you enter.
2) For collections – Please come into the foyer and turn left. There is a table where we will be able to gather your items for you. Fulfilling your orders will obviously be subject to having all the products available .
We are now able to offer local and nationwide deliveries. We aim to deliver within 5 working days, but this can vary due to current circumstances.
To qualify for local delivery, orders must be over £30. Deliveries will attract a £3 charge. Nationwide deliveries are £15. Orders over £100 qualify for free delivery.
Lobbs Homemade Ready Meals
We’re very aware that there’s going to be many vulnerable people living in self-isolation with nobody to help with cooking, shopping etc. Therefore, we encourage people to make use of our homemade oven-bake meals. Some of these include: cottage pie, lasagne, fish pie, beef & ale pie, beef & mushroom pie and more. Our kitchen staff also make a variety of crumbles and sweet pies including apple, rhubarb, cherry and gooseberry. We also stock frozen pasties, sausage rolls & bacon bites. Due to surge of sales we can’t guarantee stock levels at this time, but our brilliant staff are working incredibly hard to keep up with demand.
Apart from anything else, we want to thank the staff for working so hard to keep everything running smoothly. This crisis is unprecedented, and we want to do our best to support and feed our community. We will follow national guidelines and adhere to strict hygiene precautions. Stay safe, be mindful of others and support the vulnerable people around you. Any updates will be posted on here and our social media platforms.